Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Micah


Micah Clay Luebben was born around 10:30 in the evening on July 2, 1994.  He was our fourth child, and our third son.  I, too, was my parent’s fourth child, and third son.  Micah is the “son of my birth order”.  Sally and I were preparing to go to an evening wedding on that particular Saturday when she shared that “it was time”.  So, we gathered our three kids, shared the news with them, dropped them off with my parents who were already at the church for the wedding, asked if they could watch them as we needed to go to the hospital.  My mom said she couldn’t focus on the wedding from that point on with the excitement of knowing that her newest grandchild was on the way!


Micah, especially as a boy, but even today is a master of disguises.  It only seems fitting that I would be dressed up and wearing a tie when Micah came into our lives.  I asked the doctor if I could cut the chord with this child, as I hadn’t had this experience yet.  The doctor did me one better and allowed me to deliver Micah (with his close supervision, and Sally’s approval).  So, in my white shirt and tie, I had the privilege of delivering this third son of mine.  By the time he was born, his two brothers, big sister, and Luebben grandparents were in the waiting room eager to hear the news, and see their newest family member.

Micah was not an easy baby, in that he didn’t sleep well at night for at least 18 months, didn’t like bottles, and didn’t like being strapped to a car seat.  He also decided at about 18 months that he didn’t like being ignored when we finally tried to let him cry himself back to sleep, and figured out how to get out of the crib and storm down the hall to our room.  Always, and I mean ALWAYS very independent, and comfortable doing his own thing.   

For years he wanted to be a policeman; and collected and studied all things police.  During his 6th grade year, his oldest brother, who helped with Jr High youth, told me he thought Micah would not be a policeman, but perhaps a preacher. Cliff saw something that we would soon see, the Lord was grabbing a hold of Micah’s heart in a big way, and taking him in a direction none of us, except Cliff, would have imagined.

Now our youngest son is about to graduate high school.  I don’t know that he will be a preacher, but his passion for the Lord is something to behold.  He is quite gifted musically, and continues to be a leader.  We will see where the Lord takes him next.  In the meantime, he is leaning toward spending some time with YWAM, unless the Lord clearly points him in a different direction.

Micah, son of my birth order, you have been a wonderful blessing from the Lord to mom and me, we love you son, and we know that as long as you place the Lord first in your life, you will be in the right place, no matter what and where that place is.

No comments:

Post a Comment