Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Communidad De Centro update

Following is an update note from Bill Ingram, from the mission team that recently helped in construction of a new community center and church building that we were able to help design three years ago, It is exciting to see the construction underway. Praise our awesome Lord! See previous posts for more information about the Church of San Luis, about the Church Mexico Ministry, and about the David Power family.

"Thought for today. Yes, I have been inconsistent with publishing my TFT's since January 22. Let me explain. Since the 22nd, I have traveled almost 4000 miles, been in a different country (Mexico) and crossed several time zones (I traveled to Atlanta GA, for a NAMB Trustee meeting.) When that happens, I don't have time to write and I am usually to tired, if I had time. If you didn't know, I went with a team of 10 people, from 4 different churches to build a church in San Luis, Sonora Mexico. 
In the first picture below, this what we started with, when we arrived on Sunday, January 24th. As you can see, just the concrete slab and piles of lumber. The Pastor of the Church in Mexico, David Power, (family pictured below)
also got many of his church members to help out. The church has been meeting in this location for 3 years, without a facility. My best guess, they have 50-60 in attendance and an effective ministry for reaching the lost of San Luis. I have many stories to tell about my time, in the Mexico dessert. For know, the last picture below, is the crew ( Randy Trahan and Henry Rodriguez, from MABC) and what was accomplished before we had to leave.
In the Bible, Paul gives us some encouragement for our faith. Look for ways to show his love today.
Have a good day.
“So now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears we may have boldness and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know this as well: Everyone who does what is right has been born of Him.”
1 John 2:28-29 HCSB"






No comments:

Post a Comment